First Course: Operating a Successful Restaurant
Tuesday, February 21st
4:30 - 6:30pm
Farioly Program Room
This workshop will review what’s important in starting a restaurant and how to keep it running smoothly and successfully.
Topics to be covered:
• Positioning your restaurant - what you want to do and why
• Two critical ingredients you’ll need to be successful
• The financials of starting a restaurant
• The physical planning of a restaurant - does your menu match
• Permits and licenses
• Marketing - how to get people in
• Operating a successful restaurant - are you on course?
Mark Moeller is the President of The Recipe of Success, a consulting firm specializing in Operations/Training, Operational & Financial Turnarounds and New Restaurant Openings. He has owned two restaurants, one in Manhattan - a French creperie and a bistro in NJ and Partners in Liquid Lunch located in Shelton and Milford. He has been a partner in four restaurants, one in Manhattan - a French creperie, a bistro in New Jersey, and a soup & sandwich concept and farm to family restaurants in CT.
This workshop is presented as a partnership with the Connecticut Business Women’s Development Council.
Call, visit the library, or click here to register.